You don’t have to be an economist to know that not too long ago, the lowest price almost always won
the competition – with the most cost effective (dare we say, even cheapest!) products chosen by
consumers wanting to stretch their dollars just that little bit further.
As jobs, company ownership and even whole industries moved offshore, many Australians watched a
little regretfully, but seemingly powerless to stop the endless depletion of some of the country’s
longest-standing manufacturing and industry operating on home soil!
But with COVID-19 and the many, very real challenges that suddenly appeared, a reliance on
overseas products and supply chains in many sectors, has changed this lens. Yes, you’ve probably
noticed… there’s a quiet, confident new recognition that nothing beats Aussie made, grown, owned,
designed and manufactured! Business and consumers alike are seeing things differently, with a
preference for locally made produce which is not only available without having to cross oceans or
consult with trading partners, but also offers a host of other advantages.
Here are just a few:
- It may sometimes cost a little more – but it’s made by Aussies for Aussies
- You know where it’s come from. Be it Toowoomba, Mittagong, Colac or the Barossa Valley,
it’s a familiar name, that’s close (or reasonably close) to home …hey this Australia !
- Australia’s product and manufacturing safety standards and regulations give you peace of
mind that there’s a certain quality you can reasonably expect
- Aussie made and manufactured products help boost the local economy, and
- Most importantly, they’re providing jobs to people (some of whom you may know and love)
who need them most!
So next time you’re buying – look for the Aussie made logo and give them a try. Advanced Design
Concepts is proudly one of these, Aussie grown, owned and made — from start to finish!